Tuesday, December 9, 2008

And I'm Back in the Game...

Okay, so it’s been, um…forever since I updated my blog. So long that if it were possible for blogs to decay and become overrun by cobwebs mine would have met that fate a long time ago. I’ve resolved to be better about updating my blog (and by that I mean actually update it!) and figured the best way to ensure this was with a fresh start…a new blog. So…here goes.

Let’s see, where do I begin. What have I been up to? Events. Events. Events. And there was a trip to Peru thrown in there too…

Since September I’ve had an event a week (or more), so things have been busy, to say the least. Most have been in Chicago, Boston and New York. My habit of breaking limo/taxi drivers’ hearts continues (http://icecreamvignettes.blogspot.com/2007/05/so-we-all-do-stupid-things.html) To make a long story short – there’s now a driver in Chicago that is quite fond of me. Every time I’m there (my company uses the same car service each time) he finds out and ensures that he’s my driver. The last time he even brought me lunch. Ha! A falafel sandwich…from his cousin’s restaurant. He plays me special music while we’re driving and keeps trying to convince me to move to Chicago.



Don't worry. I didn't actually eat it.

And, guys...I've gotten to stay in some fabulous hotels! One of my rooms had a separate lounge area with a projector for movies...love it!


I went to Utah for my church’s General Conference and not only thoroughly enjoyed that, but got to spend a fabulous weekend with my sisters.

My sister was a real trooper and ate all the Indian food we made her try.

Aubree and I had a fun afternoon tea at a cute shop in Salt Lake and had fun touring around Gardner Village.

And I love being able to keep the flowers from my events!

Over Thanksgiving I went to Peru. It was an absolutely amazing, once-in-a-lifetime experience that I will never forget. This trip deserves a posting of its own, so you’ll have that to look forward to.

The Christmas season is in full swing and there is no more fabulous city to be in for the holiday than New York. The Rockefeller tree…ice skating in Central Park…the Christmas windows…the list could go on and on. We decorated our apartment for Christmas this weekend, so photos for that will be up shortly.


This is a short post to kick things off. Basically…it’s good to be back!

(PS - I didn't proof-read this for typos...so here's hoping there aren't any!)

6 comments:

Scrumpestuous D said...

Welcome back!

Lizzy said...

saw your status on facebook. yea!!

erin wilson said...

All is well in the world again! KEZ has a blog and actually wrote something!!!! I'm so relieved.

Brandon Zeller said...

Really? You didn't eat the sandwich? I think I would have eaten the sandwich. But it's also extremely unlikely that a cab driver would ever do such a thing for me.

Hooray for the world of blogging! Maybe you'll inspire me to post on mine again...

Amber said...

Yay! You're back! And actually, I would probably have tried the sandwich too, but I understand the fear of the crazy driver spiking it with something...
And your new blog is lovely, your toes look so happy in that grass.

Maren said...

What did he do when you didn't eat it? No i wouldn't have eaten it either. I could have had an old fashion Mickey in it. Apparently Brandon wants to be abducted. :) You went to peru?! And what's in hi-cog? OH i am mso excited to read about your adventures. i agree with amber, but i think the grass looks cold. If it was a recent photo then man it must have been cold.