Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tour Guide Barbie

...(not that I think I look anything like tour guide Barbie, mind you...)

My little sister and her boyfriend were in town last weekend.

It’s been a while since I’ve done the tour guide thing, so it was kind of fun. The tour included the usual:

Times Square – which, I always forget how fascinating people who don’t live in New York find Times Square. Kate’s boyfriend was so excited about it and wanted to soak it all in while we were there. I, on the other hand, couldn’t wait until that particular part of the tour was over.
The Rockefeller Tree
Woman Rink in Central Park
Serendipity
The Bethesda Fountain in Central Park
The Christmas bazaar in Columbus Circle (best gingerbread cookies ever!)
FAO Schwarz
Tiffany & Co.
Etc, Etc, Etc.


It was so much fun to have my sister (and her boyfriend) in town! I have been really stressed at work lately and seeing family is always wonderful. It reminds me that I have what’s most important in life – a loving family – and that whatever else is going on doesn’t matter.
It’s also fun to have guests come into town because it reminds me that I really do live in an amazing city and I’m so grateful for this opportunity! I love my life!

No comments: